Are you not able to set a default printer on your computer? This post might help you with that. Recently, I encountered an issue wherein after changing the default printer in the printer’s control panel do not work as it reverts back to the previous default printer every after restart. This is also related to an issue where no default printer can be set.
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) – Officejets, PhotoSmarts, Deskjets
- Canon – Pixma
Affected Operating Systems:
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
Caution: In order to fix this issue you need to have basic knowledge in editing registry entries. For those who do not have enough knowledge you may proceed with extreme caution and follow each step properly as this procedure may permanently damage your computer if not done properly.
- Open regedit
- Click + before HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Click + before SOFTWARE
- Click + before MICROSOFT
- Click + before WINDOWS NT
- Click + before CURRENT VERSION
- Click + before WINDOWS
- Change entry for Device that has winspool,Ne00; delete whatever printer there is in the entry and just leave winspool,Ne00
That’s it! If you still encounter issues setting up a default printer, feel free to leave a comment and we will do our best to help you out. Good luck!