All printer features is working except the Solution Center’s Scan Button. Both Scan picture and Scan document does not work. Each time you hit either of the scan buttons in Solution Center an Error message appear.
A required software component was not found or was improperly installed. Reinstall the HP Photosmart software that came with the device, and try scanning again. When you click the (+) sign on “Show extended error information” you get an error like ( 4,[(2,0,80040154),(0,0,0),(3,56,0)], Error 8 [ (8, 0, 0) ], Error 8, [(5, 0, 0)])
All HP Photosmarts , Officejets or Deskjets are affected. This isssue isn’t product specific and is more likely to be software related.
Affected Operating Systems:
I have seen this issue on WIndows XP, WIndows Vista, but mostly this error comes in Windows 7.
Troubleshooting this issue is really a pain. Though this problem has been resolved a number of times by following the steps below, there’s still a chance the following solution might not fix your HP printer software. So basically, this is still a Troubleshooting process in progress… In the meantime, why don’t you follow the steps provided below and see it of it fixes your Solution center like it did to other users.
Option 1 – If you haven’t uninstalled the software or still receiving the same error regarding dll file, then try below steps:
- Repair/Install Scan.msi inside the Setup folder in your installation disc.
- Repair/Install BpdScan.msi inside the Setup folder in your installation disc. You will probably get an errror when repairing BPD Scan, this is normal.
- Once you get the error message, take not of the faulty dll file. You need to register it later.
- Go to Command Prompt, and make sure you Run it as Administrator.
- Now type the following command and press Enter key (in Blue and Red): regsvr32 hpqebpd2.dll. Replace the text in red with the one to noted in step 3.
- Restart Computer.
Option 2 – If you have already uninstalled the software, make sure you have uninstalled it completely by following the steps below:
- Unisntall the entire HP software using the “I dont want it to fail” procedure in this post.
- Restart your computer and Install the HP software. I would recommend using a downloaded one, which is updated.
- Once installation is done, check the scanning functionality. If you are still receiving the same error, please follow option 1 above.
If you still encounter the same issue, please make a comment below so we can further troubleshoot the root cause of this issue. By the way, if there’s a way you could you could reinstall windows fresh and install the HP software on, I guarantee it should work, but that is actually your last resort for a fix on this problem.