This short tutorial will show you how to successfully connect your wireless HP printer to your wireless router using the HP wireless setup wizard.
- Check network connections. Make sure that both your printer and computer is turned on. Your PC or laptop should also be connected to the router (You must have an Internet connection).
- If your network is protected with a WEP or WPA key, then have it ready. We need your encryption key later on. If your network is not protected or encrypted, continue to next step.
- On your printer, press the setup button (the wrench symbol on your control panel), scroll down tand press ok on Network, scroll and press ok on Wireless setup wizard. Follow instruction on the screen. Input your encryption key if necessary.
- Success? If yes, Proceed to step 5. You may now proceed with installing your Printer on you computer. Failed? This is caused by incorrect or missing WEP/WPA key. Important: WPA/WEP key is case sensitive. Make sure you use the correct case. Try using HP Network Setup tool to try and extract the correct WEP/WPA key.
- Print the network configuration page under ” setup -> network ” . Make sure you have an IP address or URL in the printout. IP adress should not be 0.0.0.0.
For easy undertanding you can watch the video below. The product used is an HP L7280.