At some point in time your HP Deskjet printer may need to be reset due to various reasons. Most of the times HP deskjet printers need to be rest after it becomes unresponsive after a paper or carriage jam or even after replacing new ink cartridges.
First you need yo check the functionality of the printer by printing a self test page.
- Press and hold the Power button, then press the Cancel button once.
- Release the buttons. The Self-test prints.
If the printer does not respond then most likely you need to reset your HP Deskjet printer. Follow the steps below to perform a power reset.
How to Reset the HP Deskjet 6000 Series Printers
- Disconnect the power cord or power adapter from the power source. (i.e. wall outlet, or surge protector.) If the power cord or adapter is connected to a surge protector, remove it.
- Remove all cables and power cords from the back of the printer.
- Leave all cables disconnected from the back of the printer and power source for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Reconnect only the power cord or adapter to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect only to the power adapter or power cord to the printer. Do not connect any other cables.
- Press power button on the printer. Confirm that the power light in on and solid. At this time the power reset is complete.