The popular eReader, The Amazon Kindle, is a handy device for your reading needs. It gives you the the ability to carry virtually tons of reading materials on a single portable device. Unfortunately, both kindles 1 and 2 has some firmware issues and resetting your kindle may be the only way to fix it. in this page I will show you Instructions on how to reset your Kindle 1, Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Kindle Touch and the Kindle Fire Tablet.
How to Reset the Amazon Kindle 2
Resetting Kindle 2 is easy, all you need to do is follow 3 steps below:
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds and then release.
- Once your kindle is Off remove the batteries for 10 seconds and reinsert it back.
- Turn On the Kindle.
How to Reset the Amazon Kindle 1
Resetting kindle 1 is a little bit complicated than Kindle 2. Checkout the steps below:
- First, you need something pointed like a paper clip or the tip of your earing.
- Now, open the back cover of your kindle by pressing it firmly while sliding it to the right using your thumbs.
- You will then see the Kindle Reset Button as shown on the picture. Use the paper-clip or your earing’s pointed tip to press on the reset button.
- A few seconds after pressing the button, your kindle will then reboot and will be restored.
How to Reset Kindle 3 / Kindle DX Graphite / Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire
Basically the kindle 3 and Kindle Dx, Touch and the Kindle Fire Tablet is a smaller and lighter version of the Kindle 2. To reset it, all you need to do is press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then release. Your kindle should turn Off. Remove the battery for 10 seconds, and re-insert back into your kindle Fire. Turn it on and wait for the initialization process to finish.