Is your HP printer and its not printing, scanning or faxing? You may be able to fix it through soft/hard resetting your printer to its factory setting. There are several ways to reset an hp printer which depends on what type you have. You may also need some hp printer code resetting done or you may need to do some power cycling. For more information, follow through the steps below.
Resets for all HP all-in-one printers with keypads:
1. Without turning the unit off, unplug the power cord from the back of the product.
2. Press and hold “# and 6″ keys.
3. While holding those keys plug the power cord back in.
4. Wait until the screen goes blank before you release those keys.
5. Follow on printer screen instructions.
For Box-type models (No Keypads):
1. Unplug the power cord from the printer.
2. Wait for 30 seconds.
3. Plug the power cable back in the printer and turn it on.
Reset HP Photosmart C4200 series, C4300 series and C4400 series Procedure:
HP Photosmart C4200 Series:
- HP Photosmart C4205
- HP Photosmart C4210
- HP Photosmart C4240
- HP Photosmart C4250
- HP Photosmart C4270
- HP Photosmart C4272
- HP Photosmart C4273
- HP Photosmart C4275
- HP Photosmart C4280
- HP Photosmart C4283
- HP Photosmart C4285
HP Photosmart C4380 Series Includes:
- HP Photosmart C4380
- HP Photosmart C4383
- HP Photosmart C4385
HP Photosmart C4400 Series Includes:
- HP Photosmart C4435
- HP Photosmart C4440
- HP Photosmart C4450
- HP Photosmart C4472
- HP Photosmart C4473
- HP Photosmart C4480
- HP Photosmart C4483
- HP Photosmart C4485
1. Press Cancel and Power, at the same time.
2. Then, the Unit will ask for a Key Combo, press blue, green, gray buttons (in order) for this.
3. “Support Menu” should appear.
4. Go to Resets menu and use the semi-full reset.
(Blue for Up, Gray for Down and Green for OK)
* Firmware Revision (hint:push gray button to move to the next menu item)
* Scan Diagnostics Menu
* Reports Menu
* Print Tests Menu
* System Configuration Menu
* Resets Menu
* Information Menu
Alternate reset procedure (for older products):
1. Unplug the power cord from printer.
2. Hold both o.k and Cancel simultaneously.
3. Plug the power cable while holding the buttons.
Reset for the Photosmart C5100 Series:
* HP Photosmart C5140 All-in-One Printer
* HP Photosmart C5150 All-in-One Printer
* HP Photosmart C5175 All-in-One Printer
* HP Photosmart C5180 All-in-One Printer
* HP Photosmart C5183 All-in-One Printer
* HP Photosmart C5188 All-in-One Printer
* HP Photosmart C5190 All-in-One Printer
1. Unplug the power cable from printer while the printer is powered on.
2. Press and hold OK and HELP buttons while plugging in the power cord. Wait for the screen to go black or blank before releasing the keys.
3. Just turn on the printer and configure your printer new
Reset the HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One Printers
Resetting the Officejet Pro 8500A e-all-in-one printers requires you to press a sequence of combo keys. Note that this printer does not have keypads like most OJ pro series printer. Follow the link for instructions.