This document will help you fix the “Ink System Failure Message” Displayed on the following printers:
- HP Photosmart C6180
- HP Photosmart C7180
- HP Photosmart C7275
- HP Photosmart C7280
- Cant Find Your Printer? – See our Ink System Failure article.
Access the Secret Menu:
- Press and hold the “*” key.Press the “#” key and release both keys.
- Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
- Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
Inside the Secret Menu:
- Go to the “System Configuration Menu”. (Use arrow keys)
- Press “OK”.
- Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If don”t see it, Use Arrow Keys and until you see the “Hardware failure status
- Press “OK”.
- You should see “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
- Press “OK”. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared.
- Press Cancel to continue”. Press cancel as many times until you see the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” message
- Turn the printer OFF and unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Connect the printer directly to the wall outlet, do not use any surge protector. This will allow maximum power into the printer initialization process.
- Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “Use the power button to shutdown the printer” – All you need to do is press “Ok”
- The printer will start the “One time Ink Initialization Process”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
- Verify printer functionality print a document or something.. Good luck!
Did We Resolve Your Issue?
If not, you’ll find more troubleshooting steps at our Ink System Failure article.
If we did, then I would like to ask you to give back to the community by commenting below the error message that you have on your printer. This will allow us to have a record of it, and hopefully help others who has the same issue.