Does it seem that you are always running out of Epson printer ink? Do you always see that low ink symbol on your computer screen? It means you need to buy out another ink! But wait before you throw out that ink away, I am going to tell you a secret procedure in resetting your Epson 78 so you can start printing again without replacing your cartridges.
You may have a false message on your computer.
If you see a low ink alert on your screen after recently replacing your cartridge, you might have a false ink level alert on your computer. Replacing the “empty” cartridge is a big waste of money! Follow the steps below to fix this issue.
Things you Need:
- Paper Clip.
- Wiping material – Just in case of any ink spills.
- Turn off printer and wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn on printer and remove the indicated low ink cartridge.
- At the buttom of the cartridge where you see the copper contacts, look for a small press button, and press it using the tip of a paper clip. This will reset the ink cartridge memory and tell your computer its true ink level.
- Go to your computer and refresh the screen, you will then see the actual ink volume of your cartridge.
That’s it! Good luck! If you have still encounter issues or if you have something to share, please feel free to leave a comment below.